View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 02:10 AM   #103 (permalink)
RatherDashing
EcoModding Apprentice

well right now im still waitn on radiator plugs and wires and pcv stuff.the input shaft bearing has been grinding since i got it.clutch feels fine only issue iv had with it is slave cylinder went out and i had to get it to a shop to get it fixed cuz i didnt know what was wrong with it.

Lkq is a junkyard that has a nationwide database and theyv got 1 thats 108k miles and 300 bucks.but i think its too risky for one with that many miles.iv called and emailed around and can get a remanufactured one for bout 500 with shipping included. I placed a post on craigslist looking for one as well

My plan was to save up for a rebuild kit which is about 100 bucks on ebay.get a new axle shaft seal and a new clutch since Im there. Any suggestions on brands of clutch? Nothing fancy or staged just whatever is best recommended for the vx. Or anything else i shud replace while doing so.

As long as i get all this done just needs a descent set of tires and hope the engine and brakes stay in descent shape

Also after getting the tps correctly calibrated.after the car is warmed up while driving and its in neutral the rpms fluctuate quite a bit from 1k to 1.5k. Then when i come to a stop it pretty much idles around 1k. Would this be from the idle air screw needing adjusted?