View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #290 (permalink)
suspectnumber961
EcoModding Alien Observer

highcountryexplorer - '86 Nissan 720 KC 4x4 ST with fiberglass cap
90 day: 21.78 mpg (US)

Elroy - '03 Ford Focus ZX3 w/Zetec DOHC engine
90 day: 32.89 mpg (US)
https://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/16/u...anted=all&_r=0

In 2005, 51 percent of women said they were living without a spouse, up from 35 percent in 1950 and 49 percent in 2000.

Coupled with the fact that in 2005 married couples became a minority of all American households for the first time, the trend could ultimately shape social and workplace policies, including the ways government and employers distribute benefits.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ics-24396.html

To get a sense of how powerful the marriage effect is, not just for women but for men, too, look at the exit polls by marital status. Among non-married voters – people who are single and have never married, are living with a partner, or are divorced – Obama beat Romney 62-35. Among married voters Romney won the vote handily, 56-42.

In less developed countries...the more educated women are....the less kids they have?

In more developed countries there are more fat lonely cat ladies with cell phones.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I could not find any quick statistics, as far as I know, I am just running off of stereotypes, which was why I tried to find facts. I just found a discussion at Income Level and Number of Children [Archive] - Straight Dope Message Board. I have associated with far more "poor" people than "rich," as a student, I definitely fall into the first category. Supposedly, poor people have sex, therefore kids, while rich people have careers, houses, and status symbols, and then families when they fit into their plans.

Again, I do not know anything about "rich people stuff." I have heard over and over (mostly from the same source) that the more rights that women have, the fewer children they have.

Somehow I think the epitome of that is a childless feminist.

Now, correct me!

Forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years. GALLUP POLL