View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #15 (permalink)
chrisgerman1983
EcoModding Apprentice

chrisgerman1983 - '96 chevrolet astro
90 day: 14.02 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmjinman View Post
Ever since I can remember, as a young kid, there have been dire health warnings about this & that. The one about smoking is true, for sure, but all the rest - I dunno.

My parents are health nuts and have followed all these healthy eating plans since I can remember. My dad's 89 and looks and acts like any other 89 year-old. Yet, somehow, even with all these horrible poisonous foods "big business" is shoving down our throats (no pun intended), while government "looks the other way", life expectancey continues to rise, year afer year, decade after decade.

I was going to suggest a lot of this stuff might be "unicorn corral" material, but I guess it's more the opposite - - - "little boy who cried wolf" corral, or something....
Life expectancy may be rising thanks to the drug companies oops... I mean thanks FROM the drug companies. With the way a lot of people eat, All they are is walking paycheck to the drug makers for the last half of their lives. Longer life is not my goal in trying to eat healthful, just better quality of life for longer. Senior suicide is on the rise with life expectancy... people may be living longer but many are wishing they weren't.