View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
CAPTAIN CHAOS
EcoModding Lurker

Ol' Reliable - '02 Saturn SL2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven7 View Post

My friend bought a first gen Mazda Miata awhile ago and reports mid-30's MPG on the highway (EPA 21/27). Despite the "girl car" stigma, it is one of the best handling cars you can buy for the price. They mostly escaped the Fast and Furious era so you can still find really nice ones for not a lot of money. They're rather cheap to maintain too.

The Miata hasn't escaped my radar. The only real dings it has against it are limited people carrying room, poor EPA rating and nice ones tend to demand a premium ($$$) around here. If mid 30's are possible it may jump straight to the top of my list.

An S2000 would be a fantastic good time and reliable as well but don't expect MPG.

A friend of mine used to have an S2000. We carpool'd together until he moved away. That Honda is VERY cool and he'd average 28-30 in it driving to work. I know I could squeek out a couple more as he didnt utilize coasting at all and tended to have a few bad mpg habits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete c View Post
take care of the saturn and get that old mustang running for your rwd fun. too bad you can't get any cool oil burner on this side of the pond.
Fixed it for ya.