View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 08:34 PM   #35 (permalink)
ECONORAM
halos.com

ECONORAM - '07 Dodge RAM 1500 QC SLT flex-fuel
90 day: 18.16 mpg (US)

the Avenger - '08 Dodge Avenger SXT
90 day: 27.06 mpg (US)
Send a message via Yahoo to ECONORAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioranger View Post
going oversize on the tires might help more on a manual , since you can run a bit less rpm around town I figure once your moving, sort of a half or 1/4 gear size up so to speak, sometimes i cant get into overdrive around town , also isnt direct drive going to be more efficient if the rpm is right due to transmission losses of the extra gears spinning in the trans. if sized right could save on clutch wear since shifting less, might not apply in your case , my little 5 speed 4 cyl ranger is only 88 HP new . course it's 25 years old next week and 400 k to boot, so all around real happy with it .
I have looked at that, but it seems tires any larger in diameter than the OEMs (33inch) weigh another 10-15# each!? If I had the (scarcely) available 6-speed manual, taller tires would certainly help, as 6th in the manual equals 4th in my automatic. A manual swap is still on the to-do list.
Do you slip-shift? That will save you clutch wear. I only use(d) the clutch when starting and stopping. The rest of the shifts I just modulated my right foot to hit the next gear...
I've been reading your topper project. Nice work!