View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 12:30 AM   #114 (permalink)
RatherDashing
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
I think that chunk of rubber will stay trapped in the breather box, so don't worry about it.
yeah it drove fine after that. other than its STILL got the up and down idle at times its seems to be softer now. i tightened down the distributor cap with bolts so its on there a lot tighter. also replaced the thermostat and radiator today.

question tho with the vx. does the radiator cap ever get hot after driving it for a while at all? on all my other cars even after driveing for a while the radiator cap got pretty hot to the touch. this one though not at all. didnt know if this was normal or not.

im running out of ideas on the idle. AFTER warming up the idle still fluctuates after about 1k rpm. already clean egr valve. iacv. pcv. only other thing i can think of is just replace the iacv. but thatl irritate me if that dont fix it. cud it be possible that the idle screw was adjusted so the idle is too high and thats why its fluctuating up and down?

the only other thing i can think of is replacing it. would this work as a replacement?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skunk2-66mm-...d0ecc7&vxp=mtr

Last edited by RatherDashing; 01-03-2013 at 12:36 AM..