View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
CAPTAIN CHAOS
EcoModding Lurker

Ol' Reliable - '02 Saturn SL2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
No offense, but I think you need to suck it up. Its winter. How often are you taking a hard corner on salt/snow/ice covered roads? RWD is horrible in winter too. Also, you're driving on the highway a rediculous amount of time, who cares if its RWD or FWD?!? This all seems a bit silly to me...
No offense taken. I have pretty thick skin so it would take a purposeful effort to offend me.

Winter time is all the more fun as the tail sliding antics can be had at much lower speeds and in more places and without the tire wear or mpg penalties. Also, I have never had any real difficulty driving a rwd in the winter. It takes more concentration and tire choice becomes a critical concern but it's hardly the "impossible task" most people make it out to be. I drove my 80mi commute in a 2wd Ford Ranger for quite a while until I decided 28mpg wasn't good enough. I actually miss that truck.

Anyway, I don't expect everyone to understand my plight; especially someone who drives a Prius (good natured ribbing intended ) Like I said though I was, and still am, a driving enthusiast first and foremost but I’m also a cheapskate who HATES giving my money to gas/oil companies. I’m still searching for the best balance of the 2.