View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
AaronMartinSole
Your car looks ridiculous

The Fantastic Festiva - '90 Ford Festiva L
90 day: 43.16 mpg (US)

A Civic Duty - '96 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 34.9 mpg (US)

Ranger Danger - '96 Ford Ranger XL
90 day: 17.42 mpg (US)
Okay so I changed the timing all the way to the opposite of how I adjusted in the first place, lol. I saw that there was another metal mark! There's only two basically, and I suppose one for TDC and the other mark for where you're supposed to match it up!

So I moved the distributor as much as it would go, and I got the white mark as close to the second metal mark as possible. Man I'm an idiot. The car seemed to drive better, but maybe that's just in my head. Feels good.

Liked manual transmissions a little more after that test drive down a 55mph road. Only thing fun or good about them is the acceleration. Other than that, EVERYTHING ELSE IS HORRIBLE. HILLS, TURNING. STOPPING. EVERYTHING ELSE IS A HORRIFYING EXPERIENCE. Man, it makes you love automatic transmissions. I have taken you for granted, my dear Corolla. This Civic will never take your place. She doesn't even have power windows, what are you so jealous about? Oh, so you have to sleep outside instead of the garage. Well I have to fix her, nothing else is happening in here. I know it's cold out there baby but you just got some new aeromods. Don't you know I love you? You'll get a paint job one day honey, one day.