View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 02:02 AM   #17 (permalink)
94CivicVX
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownugly View Post
grab some numbers off of the 02 sensor. should have the ngk part number and then underneath that it should read A09 or A08 or A07 etc. the correct one is the A09.
the actual part numbers on the box are the same but different ones are made in different places and the federal vx calls for the A09. check out my thread for more info with pics.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...5z1-23433.html

7th page has pics
Thanks for the input I have tried two different O2 sensors and still had the same result. I am currenty running a brand new OEM Honda O2.

The car does go into closed loop but it hesitates a little, still maintains speed and all but it sputters and seems to have a dead spot at light throttle while in closed loop only. I ordered a VX mid pipe and am searching hard for a cat, then everything will be completely OEM and I will know for sure if that was the problem.

I know one thing, if the O2 needs some heat or proper exhaust pulsation to work properly like Ryland is suggesting and has seen by experience, then there are definitely issues with my 3" wide bypass pipe into a DX downpipe.

I will keep you all posted... in the meantime some pics of the motor pre install:

Brand new had never been started D15z1:

You can see the custom pipe (I since changed to new plug wires)

Last edited by 94CivicVX; 01-04-2013 at 02:08 AM..