View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 04:35 AM   #20 (permalink)
flying kurmaster
EcoModding Lurker

I have been a vegetarian for over 25 years bordering on vegan most of the time but will eat the odd egg and a bit of cheese so I don't become a complete bore when in the company of others. It takes about 40 years to change, in 1960 if you would have suggested that someone butt out because you didn't want to get cancer from second hand smoke you would have been met with ridicule. If you were told not to smoke in front of your kids as it was harmful most smokers would have said everything is harmful as long as it is in moderation she;ll be right, I got my window down and I blow the smoke out.
I bet In less then 40 years, Milk and meat marketing board members if they are still alive will be drawn in front of judges to answer law suits for misleading the public and spreading propaganda even though they knew about the science that existed 40 years back, which is today. It is all out there if you look for it, never been easier to find. Everyone dances around this, as there is too much to loose, the truth is, ready or not, if you are eating or feeding your kids meat, fish, poultry and dairy you are doing yourself and them a disservice and by the way I just read somewhere that life expentancy actually declined the last few years in america for the first time in a while. I am not arguing but the science is done the hard part is changing, this will take several generations one day we will be smoke free too but not today,