View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
flying kurmaster
EcoModding Lurker

thanks guys Frank you are probably right about going bigger out the back but I didn'twant to look to strange, so decided on the box theory out of a coventry study someone pointed me to. Since testing it though I did add the supports under the kamback because I started thinking that it may have been flopping, not tested since the changes.
RR As for the front I wondered if I negtated all gains by installing my spare out there, I was thinking of improving the front by removing the existing bumper and installing a 2 inch alluminium tube that I have fabricated then ducting the air under the van along the, to be completed belly pan, not sure if I would be better off with an air dam or that idea??? or perhaps a bit of both. I was also wondering about the front roof line wether I should make that a complete radius back into where the wipers connect. I see a lot of bugs getting killed in that area so assume air is bagning in there. I did a test on my scooter with a straight hand sticking out at the top of my windscreen compared to a closed fist, the fist seemed to have less drag and was quieter, I plan on removing the centre three clearance lights, and installing small flush LEDs on the outside instead of the ones on there.
Do you really think the wipers make a worthwhile difference??