View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,221 Times in 4,648 Posts
30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sustainable sam View Post
nbleak21, Thanks for the reply. I thought I already responded to this a while ago. She thinks I am a little crazy at times but tolerates it most the time.

I can't believe this thread is already over one month old. This car now has a 5 mile round trip commute for the near future but will see a number of weekend highway trips.

The grill blocks seem to have helped a bit although not a-b-a tested. I just pulled the fuse for the AC in the instrument panel thanks to Neil's suggestion and it has made a difference in the fuel consumption with defrost on. Thanks Neil!

Is there a way to determine the expected fuel economy effect of a kammback to the 30% mark of the template. I think just from the tail lights up and expect it to be about 17" in length total. Picture is from the streamlining template thread.

I don't have my case studies workbook with me,but if memory serves me,the Mercedes Benz Boxfish concept car,with about 28.5% 'Template' aft-body achieves Cd 0.19.
Of course there are a lot of reasons why the Boxfish achieves 0.19,but it's apparent that a car of 30% aft-body could 'go' into this arena.