View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 07:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
ae86driftmaster
drive drift dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioranger View Post
from experience here with lightening a car, cheap way take every bolt in the car, and cut it to just the right length to go through the fastener plus one full thread, that;s the spec for race tech approval if i remember, oversize wheels and tires will slow you down, go just as big as you need for the track . that's why drag racers and others run front skinnies, every bracket you can remove can be lightened by drilling the areas not needed for strength , edges can be radiused and smoothed with a grinder and of course all insulation and carpet thinned out , Got my 66 Mustang v8 down to 2650 full of gas and went pretty good. even with the iron heads and 4 speed. most 5.0's are around 3000 lbs, titanium sounds trick but really not worth it far as I can see, Save your money for gas and toys for the little one ,
understood...but im not doing to much of 1/4 mile to get skinnies ...i done drilling my self on certain dead weight parts...and was conscious with weight when buying the aftermarket parts....

EC Works Manual Mirrors 8.4 oz (x 2) 1lb 0.8 oz vs stock power mirror 2 lbs 13.4 oz (x2) 4 lbs 5.4 oz

door hinges

hood hinges

center consel

and some other parts...also replaced the doors hood hatch with carbon fiber
also with lighter suspension parts