View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 03:16 AM   #193 (permalink)
a8ksh4
B.O. Zen

Pickup - '99 Toyota Tacoma 2wd, Regular Cab, Short Bed
90 day: 34.62 mpg (US)
I definitely like the idea of building a small trailer as a sleeper. I <3 teardrops. I don't really have space to keep one, though, and am trying not to accumulate more stuff.

A couple things I had in mind with this build were that it would be really easy to use, and that I'd still be able to haul a motorcycle or other stuff if I needed to. I think that being able to do a half lift on the back of the shell gives me the ability to haul a bike. I really don't want to have to pull this off and put it back on any time I need to move something large-ish. And if I I keep the lift simple to operate and make the skirt hard-fastened to the bed and shell, it should take all of 45 seconds to hoist up the top.

I'm pretty confident that I'll be okay in all but torrential winds. I figure the lift bars can be made from 1/2" square steel tubing w/ lightweight bracing and will be pretty strong for their weight.

@freebeard - I got some quality clogged nozzle today. I'll have to start being nicer to people...