View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
darcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspectnumber961 View Post
I've had window screen over the front of the radiators with 2 different 4x4s....doesn't seem to hurt airflow much....keeps debris off the rad and it usually it washes off the screen eventually.

I'm talking about a solid cover made out of plastic or plywood that would cover the outside of the intake grill and have a sliding door in it. Some that have totally modded the bodywork on the front have done exactly this...but I would make one that was easily installed and removed....used only in winter and with original bodywork.

I'd probably use some thin plywood since I have some....

You'd only want to mess with this IF you have an LED indicator for an elect fan...since you can get overheating pretty fast when you start blocking air? Can't trust that you'd SEE a regular temp gauge or a SG when you need to???
I don't know about the SG, but my Ultragauge has alarms that flash and have an audible beep when a gauge exceeds a preset limit. You will definately notice when it triggers an alarm.

I have it set for 210°F right now, but I need todrop that down. The fan turns on before then and even 100% blocked off, it never triggers the alarm.

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods