View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #115 (permalink)
slownugly
Burn lean and prosper\\//

VLX - '93 Honda Civic VLX
Team Honda
90 day: 51.1 mpg (US)
Yea I'm an auto technician and the class was pretty informative. They explain that most o2 sensor manufacturers are in with eachother. (example- a vehicle may require a certain manufacturer to work properly I.e. denso, ngk. If it called for a denso but ngk wants to sell it they kind of sublet the part to ngk. And the other way around too.) My green hatch the previous owner used a denso box and number but the numbers on the sensor matched ngk kind of smart. Each company sells an equal product.

Yea take a look at the pics for the egr wiring. The original map sensor on the LX bolted to the firewall whilst the Vx one is on the throttle body. So I used the original harness and clips for the LX map sensor to run the egr wires through. It came out great.

I didn't have to touch anything in the clutch switch. Maybe the cx is different. I even looked up for our parts supplier to see if they had different part numbers and it's the same across the board. Only one part number available for all models.

I'll have to check the write up out later. That would be a fun project

I sure will I'm going to home depot tonight to look at plastic sheeting, chloroplast and plexiglass. I'll have to get my red Vx up in the air to check the back air dam thingy. I'm really excited to get the air fuel gauge in. I have a feeling that's gona have a huge impact on my mileage