View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
SCNTN
EcoModding Lurker

SC1 - '02 Saturn SC1
Team Saturn
90 day: 41.8 mpg (US)

DaGnoma - '02 GMC Sonoma SL
Pickups
90 day: 25.03 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I think the 2012 Mustang should be moved to the top of that list.

80 seems reasonable, but no way on 200. Maybe do painting instead?
What's your basis for picking the 'stang? Hehe. Yeah, we figured 200 was going a little high for the average commuter, but it would be a much better product for those that want it. Fab costs for metal are unfortunately just going to push it up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
I think this is good advice, and I would stick to the green cars like Prius and Insight and maybe a couple others because those buyers might more commonly find FE-related accessories "good looking" and be happy to pay. For the used car and DIY type modders found here, well, your list looks good. The Civic is a very common car and so it might be practical even back to the 1992-1995 fifth generation. I also would be curious as to whether the 5th, 6th, and 7th generation civics all had nearly the same rear wheel well shape. I would consider buying a pair... my second DIY set has been delayed for lack of time and a desire to have them look "right" (though I have relatively few skills).
Totally with you there. The list was based on those that we thought could really benefit from the kit, rather than those who might be interesting in slapping something trendy on their shiny new hybrid. Sorry if that sounds a little harsh... although at the same time, we joked about doing an infomercial and selling "the latest in fuel-saving technology" at 3am whilst making ridiculous claims of 30% better FE.

Go Team Saturn!

Coming soon... aero accessories by LowCd!