View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
HilseeJ
EcoModding Lurker

TBA - '07 Honda Fit
Help me kill my fickle woman...

Car model: Honda Fit Sport; 2007

Attempting to make: Engine kill switch

Background information:

I have had this Honda fit for about 6 months. She's been relatively good to me. Occasionally, in the right circumstances she would jerk for no reason. I finally decided to take her to the dealership because there were some "pending codes" on my scangauge.

They scanned it with a computer and found nothing wrong, but told me I needed to "let it out" on the interstate every once in a while. So I did it as soon as I left the dealership...

The jerking was immediately being duplicated, and the car threw an error code. I immediately took it back to the dealership. The technician (who was pissed to see the car again 45 minutes later) told me that some carbon may have gotten into the engine that built up from me "puttering around town," causing a misfire I RARELY go above 2k RPMS, and the jerking normally happened above that point.

Things to keep in mind: Every time I would do an engine off coast (EOC) via turning the key, the check engine light would start blinking. I posted that problem here, and many suggested it might be a cylinder misfire. The Honda manager stated that this was the problem. When my mechanic took the spark plug out, he showed me where there was UNBURNT FUEL on the spark plug. This was @ 80K miles and the sparkplugs that he took out were aftermarket NGK iridiums, implying that they had been replaced before, and therefore there should be nothing wrong with them this early.

The mechanic said that it was quite possibly caused by be doing EOC. I have seen explanations on kill switches this forum that would lead me to believe he was right. I have read that using the key to engine off coast can keep spraying fuel into the engine.

Which method should I use to build a kill-switch for my honda?

I am attaching pictures of all the fuses in my car.

Lastly, but most importantly, THANK YOU! I haven't been EOC'ing and my gas mileage is plummeting by about 10mpg.

Honda Fit Cabin Fuses

Honda Fit Engine Fuses

Files are too big to attach to post...