View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
JethroBodine
MPG Militia HMV-25E80+A

FrankenJetta D - '90 Volkswagen Jetta GL
Boat tails and more mods
Diesel
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 64.35 mpg (US)
Sorry, Man. I was at work.

Cold air intake is better for diesels. More oxygen per volume.

Warm engine is good. There is a thread around here somewhere that describes how to make your thermostat open a 200 degrees f instead of 185/192. I'll try to find it.

No throttle body or ventury( except for more modern engines that have a DPF( diesel particulate filter) that has to regenerate itself from time to time, but that doesn't concern us here.

I've heard good things about your and my engines for veggie oil conversions, but I think we both need to research more in that area. I haven't started yet, so I don't have much info there. I do know that used ATF( automatic transmission fluid) mixes with diesel and burns quite good.

My suggestions for aero would be; upper grill block, belly pan( removable for MOT inspections), and rear wheel skirts( done tastefully, of course). Maybe a kamm-back if it doesn't attract any unwanted attention from the highway patrol.

Does your fresh air intake hose connect behind the right( as sitting in the drivers seat) head light? Mine does, but I'm thinking of moving it...haven't decided.

Quote:
It is always very amusing how our imagination is put to the test when overcoming reality. Redyaris
Boat tail project
How to gently bump start during EOC

Last edited by JethroBodine; 01-22-2013 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: Forgot to have a drink first/not thinking straight.