Thread: new truck
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 11:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
c_silva88
EcoModding Lurker

o - '84 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhigh View Post
I have a buddy at work with a Dodge Ram 50 (badgineered Mitsubishi Mighty Max) with the CC carb, he hates it. His truck is within a few centimeters of mine in every aspect and the weight is the same, but his mileage is dreadful. Low 20s on a good day, and the carb doesn't respond to tuning at all. I keep telling him to pull that carb and bolt in virtually anything else, but he's putting two kids through college so the workaday beater stays on the back burner.
yeah i have 2 kids myself and my projects usually get pushed to the back burner. today i fixed my exhaust i had a horrible leak right before the muffler cause i couldn't find the right adapter so i ended up welding it up. the factory tail pipe was rotted where it goes over the axle so i cut it off and used the last section with the 90* bend in it and made it exit in front of the passenger side tire. what a difference driving it now its so quiet other then the manifold gasket has a small leak in it now. but i plan on using manifolds off a newer fuel injected motor which are supposed to flow as good as long tube headers and have an o2 sensor bung which i plan on using for my air/fuel ratio gauge to help with tuning. but overall im very pleased with the truck so far i only have 200 into it and other then a electric draw that was killing the battery its been very reliable.