View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 01:01 AM   #461 (permalink)
Tesla
Master EcoModder

The Truck - '02 Nissan GU Patrol ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazInMT View Post
Based on this statement, I now believe that the template application from the top view would fall somewhere in between my full width application and the base line in the center & mirrored application.

Bigger Versionto Oogle
Or

Bigger Version to Ponder

The baseline center thing just felt way too fast, but my using the full width of the car didn't seem to make sense either in that it seemed long. I think using the car height and applying it to the sides makes sense because the air will be closing in at the same relative speed thus reducing the chance of a pressure differential which would cause the air to spin.
I see it as the two limits, the larger dimension gives us the upper limit and the smaller dimension gives us the lower limit and the real world optimum may well lie somewhere in between.

I looked at some of the examples of Paul Jarays work back a few posts and analyzing the lines where the sides and top merge indicate even steeper angles, so I question whether there was seperation there or can we tolerate greater angles where we are bringing the two planes together?