View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #455 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
I've gone over that several times - it depends on what the driver of the change is. In the warming period about 125,000 years ago, when it was the earth's orbit and angle that drove the warming, the carbon dioxide was released from the ocean *because warmer water cannot hold as much carbon as colder water*.
Its a theory. Like a lot of theories it has problems and unexplained issues, like CAGW. AGW is a stronger theory, that C bit is weaker. No evidence of extra catastrophies or disasters, no additional floods or droughts, no sudden new Arctic passages opened compared to history.

Quote:
This current change, the carbon is leading the temperature *because the carbon is coming from us humans burning fossil fuels*.
What current change?

Temps rising since WW2 ? Most of it happened before the world (outside the USA) had recovered.

Temps rising since the 1850s - except for that bit in the 1930s of course which were warmer than today. The "warmest year on record" for the 20th century was in the 1930s, how can that be ?

Temps rising since the 1750s which is the end of the LIA ?

Temps higher in the MWP ? How can that be ?

Temps higher in Roman times ? What ?

The "Adjustments" - older temps always go down, newer ones go up with Dr Hansen (and others) ? What is that all about, how - what - where - why ?

And what is a world temperature anyway given the stations have never been constant and a lot have been removed ?

And why has this CO2 induced distaster laden warming "stopped" based on the scientists own parameters, which they now think doesn't matter or want to redefine ?

And why are "scentists" now thinking maybe the climate is less sensitive - because maybe it doesn't match the models ?

And why are the models' projections being adjusted downwards anyway ? Because the world doesn't match them before and they need more deep thought ?

Quote:
* We humans are producing 50-100X carbon dioxide as much as volcanoes.

* Volcanoes produce carbon dioxide by melting rock which is not burning any oxygen - the rise of carbon dioxide matches the fall of oxygen.

* The carbon dioxide increase in the atmosphere is carbon 12 which is from old plants. Volcanoes produce more carbon 13 than we see in the atmosphere, and carbon 14 only comes from plants that grew recently.
I'm not in the "volcano" camp myself - smacks too much of Scientology But lets go on - CO2 has risen in a straight line - well according to the one station in Hawaii we all seem to use. Temps have not. What causes that if the relationship is so simple ?

Quote:
Geddit now?
Do you ?

Are you not in the least curious about this stuff, are you against science finding out the answers ?

Seriously if we stopped thinking and questioning science then there are loads of "what if" and "how does that work" questions that would not have been answered - which could mean no cars, no power and no internet.