View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #38 (permalink)
Tesla
Master EcoModder

The Truck - '02 Nissan GU Patrol ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
I spent over 20-minutes addressing all your questions and was rewarded by losing it all when I hit Submit Reply.I've worked on it since yesterday when I saw this post.I'm not going to do it again.
Here's the deal.Forget all about the front of the vehicle.
Buy Hucho's book.It will answer all your questions.
Bummer when that happens, on big posts I usually copy them onto a word doc then submit reply, if all good then delete the doc, otherwise I can copy it back and try again.

Always appreciate the effort and detail you put into your posts and you must get tired of repeating yourself about focussing attention on the rear.

Apart from the "but why" condition I have, there are multiple reasons why I am trying to nut out all the other aero avenues.

My vehicle is a wagon and a big one at that, so parking it anywhere is already difficult as the world goes to smaller cars and parking places to match, therefore a major permanent attachment to the rear is out of the question.
I am always looking at potential work I can do on the rear, so although I do ask questions about front, sides, under & over, the rear is always there in the forefront of my thinking.

Another issue I am struggling with at the rear, I can do maybe 18" off the roof and tapering down to about 6" on the sides at bumper level, although I think there would be a good benefit in it in both tapering, good seperation and a nice shallow cavity to keep vortexes of the rear face, but the method of fixing is an issue.

I have barn doors which are flush at roof level, but set in at the sides, so do I attach to the doors or the body or have a split system which needs significant engineering though to hold firm and mesh neatly when opening and closing the doors.

Anyway just outlining that so you know am not ignoring what you say about rear end tapering.