View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 12:42 AM   #24 (permalink)
AaronMartinSole
Your car looks ridiculous

The Fantastic Festiva - '90 Ford Festiva L
90 day: 43.16 mpg (US)

A Civic Duty - '96 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 34.9 mpg (US)

Ranger Danger - '96 Ford Ranger XL
90 day: 17.42 mpg (US)
I'm at an absolute loss. I don't know what else to do. What else can I do to increase my fuel economy without doing anything too inconvenient or invasive? I.e. trickle charging, engine off coasting/kill switching, losing passenger seats, etc.

I do mostly city driving, and hopefully on this tank I drastically change and improve my technique. Instead of accelerating around 1800-2000 rpms, I'm going to shoot around 15-1600 rpms. That's all I can think of right now and the only change I've got planned so far.

Any ideas? Post #22 has most of the mods I have on the car right now. I've added these two front wheel deflectors, but I don't know if they're creating more drag than their reducing. They hug the fender flare and pop out like a lizard's ears or something. Or elephant ears, I don't know. I should make a hole in my front wheels so I can check tire pressure more often, because before they were horribly neglected, and who knows I could have a leaky tire or something. They should be at 50psi right now.

Hmm... I'd love to test a full kammback maybe covering the truck. I love the use of my trunk, so maybe I could make a hinging kammback. Oh, so much easier said than done.

Hot or cold air intake? There are ecomodders using both. That seems like it shouldn't make sense. What kind of gains might be had?

Oh, any other ideas?