View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
mloveland78
EcoModding Apprentice

Civic - '93 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 74.19 mpg (US)
Another Civic VX Kammback with deep roots

Hello Ecomodders, this is my first post so I will try to make it worthwhile. I recently purchased a Civic VX after lurking on this site for about a year and doing research. It seemed like the VX was the way to go to get into a high mileage car on the cheap. I found one on c*list for a great price because it has some damage which should be repairable. It was sideswiped at some point and the previous owner started the repair and gave up halfway through. I got it looking like this:
Hopefully the pics will load.

The rear quarter was cut out and the wheel arch is smashed up. Sooo time for a trip to the local u-pull it with a sawzall. Four junkyards and 6 blades later.

I got my rear quarter. I'm a little bummed that I still have to repair some rust on the "new" quarter, but it was the best that I could find. So I started cutting and ended up with this:

Then many hours of drilling, grinding, hammering later.

Its not welded in place yet, just fitted. I have to start welding on it this week. Once it is welded together, I have to fix the civic rust on both wheel arches, and then paint the whole car and give it a generous coat of undercoating to protect it. Then on to the Kamm back and possible wheel skirts and front airdam.

I plan on going back to at least 30% or 32% on the template. No way I'm going to do a boat tail yet. Going to follow Greasemonkee's great lead on Kammback construction. He's got 80k miles on his with no issues and great results.

Last edited by mloveland78; 05-20-2013 at 07:47 PM..