View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 06:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
mloveland78
EcoModding Apprentice

Civic - '93 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 74.19 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Cool.

But with the tools and skills you have... did you consider modifying the car itself and not just repairing it? You could begin tapering the roof just aft of the B pillars. (Of course then you have to deal with custom rear 3/4 glass & hatch.)
Not sure how much better I could make it. If you look at the last pic, the car already follows the template perfectly. To get any better I would have to chop the whole top and bring it down a couple inches which would involve new glass all around. More time and money than I've got. I'm under a deadline to get this car up and running by the end of the month. It will be my daily driver for my 30 mile commute one way to work. I'll be happy to be getting an estimated 60 to 65 MPG since my current ride is a 3500 dodge diesel pickup. I'm currently getting 18-20mpg in the truck, which is not bad considering it weighs 8000lbs, or three times as much as the average passenger car. It coasts pretty good too, there is one part of my commute to work that is 1.5 miles downhill where I can coast the whole way down.