View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 02:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Shortie771
Eco Sol

Shortie771's Del Sol Si - Build Thread

So after having a few mods complete for my car and seeing great improvements so far, I have decided to throw everything into one thread to help me keep things in order for my own reference. I also hope that this can help anybody else with a Civic or Del Sol (or anybody) gather some ideas and see some improvements. I plan on putting everything I do here in one place, if I make something of my own I will also be sure to add a How-To thread of it. I will be doing A-B-A testing on all of my aero modifications (once I install my MPGuino), with the exception of mudflap delete because those are long gone. I will list my results as a percentage next to the mod name in the "current mods" section for quick reference. I will NOT be installing a permanent kammback, but out of curiousity I WILL be making a temporary cardboad kammback simply for A-B-A testing.

I am currently driving a Honda Del Sol Si with a D16Z6 engine and a less than ideal, Si transmission. At least it's a manual

Milestones:
35mpg *
40mpg *
45mpg
50mpg
55mpg

My long term goal is to achieve at least 50mpg per tank. When I started Ecomodder I was averaging 31mpg. I have already achieved a few milestones, mostly by adjusting the nut behind the wheel. My best tank so far has been 42.72mpg and I am still striving to make that number higher. I do NOT want to effect the sporty look of my car too much in my journey to better FE, but the less extreme aero mods are acceptable.

Current Mods:
Mudflap Delete
Fully Synthetic Oil (5W-30)
Max Sidewall Tires (44psi)
Warm Air Intake
Adjust Nut Behind The Wheel
EOC Kill Switch
Auto Grill Block
MPGuino
Vacuum Gauge
Ride Height Reduction (1" lower)
Smaller Antenna (S2000 stubby)

Planned Mods:
Full Belly Pan
Tire Spats
Synthetic Transmission Fluid (Pennzoil Synchromesh)
EX Transmission Swap
DX/LX Final Drive Swap
Seal Panel Gaps
Front Lip/Splitter
Lightweight 15" Rims (nobody stocks LRR 14")
LRR Tires
Lighter Battery (Lithium)
Increase Compression Ratio (10.2:1)

Maybe:
Smooth Wheel Covers
Rear Wheel Skirts
Battery Trickle Charger (small solar panel on dash)
Hand Throttle
Electric Power Steering (MR2 swap)

I think thats about it. I have a long road ahead of me, but it's going to be a fun one

Best Tank = 42.72 mpg (in the 94 Del Sol)

CR-Z Current Mods:
Max Sidewall PSI

Last edited by Shortie771; 04-18-2017 at 12:48 PM..