View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 12:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
This is cool stuff. Clearly there are weaknesses to the technology at this point, but cool nonetheless.

So who took first if that only got her second? Lol
I don't know what first place was. Sorry.

Talked over these tiles and applications with my daughter, teaching her how they work using these videos. She wants to try and build stuff. We're going to try making a version of the LED flashlight first. We'll adapt the design for a different heat source and with extended wiring to power--get this--little doll house lamps. She is almost 11 and she spends lots of time making realistic little furniture and food items for her doll house. We figure some working lamps, powered by some heat source (hot water bottle?) would be a great way to get a first lesson in the technicals and materials.

Found a list of tiles:
Standard TEC's : Sorted by Imax : CustomThermoelectric.com

Thought I'd share (for the hell of it).
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.