View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #165 (permalink)
tjts1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
It is insanity to waste fuel because of what others are doing.
The only insane thing is wasting not only your time but other people's time because you want to save a penny per mile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by songman View Post
I find that extraordinary. If you're driving 60 in a 65 maximum zone, you a required to move up to the maximum or pull over to let others through??? What if you rather speed up than pull over, inadvertently flick over 65 and get a ticket for speeding? FF's sake.

No offence, but I think some of you folk, or your legislators, need to work on what the word "maximum" means.
No. You're required to move over to the right regardless of the speed limit.

It doesn't say anything about speed limit. The speed limit and slower traffic keep right are separate laws. Just because the guy behind you is speeding doesn't give you the right to block traffic. You are both breaking the law. Leave the job of law enforcement to the police.

Another set of signs that seems to confound people, especially those visiting California from out of state in their over sized RVs (I'm looking at you WA and OR residents)

EDIT:
Another sign found in many western states people seem to ignore.

Quote:
Keep Right

Watch for signs on Texas multi-lane highways that read "Left Lane For Passing Only." These signs let you know that the left lane on a divided highway is not a "fast" lane; it is a passing lane.

After you pass someone, move into the right lane once you've safely cleared the vehicle. Impeding the flow of traffic by continuing to drive in the left lane is punishable by a fine of up to $200.
http://www.txdot.gov/driver/share-ro...y-driving.html

Last edited by tjts1; 08-09-2013 at 05:16 PM..