View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 04:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
HHOTDI
Rapturee

Sippy2 - '15 Honda NC700XD DCT
90 day: 59.51 mpg (US)

Shorty - '02 Ford F150 XL
viability-visibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Ha! I had not thought about the viability of a rearview mirror and rear window in a car like that!

I am glad that your tent rack is working out so well and it is great to have some more information on the Elio! If you fit comfortably, then I had better shut up!
Thanks X, i had a similar concern and the guy stood right in the middle at the rear of the vehicle and i could easily see him in both side mirrors! There was a guy in line, a few folks after me who had a concern about being able to fit in it. He asked my size and told me he was 6'3" and 360lbs! The Elio folks lowered the seat and reclined it a little and the big guy fit right in it! He laughed out loud and was visibly excited at it's comfort for a man his size! He signed up as soon as he exited the car and is on the list to be one of the first folks to get one! Hopefully they will make it through your area and you can see/fit in one for yourself. I certainly enjoyed it and was the sole purpose for making the nearly 7 hour trip one way to Portland! Seeing/fitting in the Elio made it all worth it though!

A lot of people have questions/thoughts and ideas about the little car, myself included. I just want them to get it to production, then we can worry about modifications, accessories, options, diesel etc in the years to come! My wife and i are signing up on line...we are "All in"...

https://www.eliomotors.com/my-strengths/

:{)

Last edited by HHOTDI; 09-14-2013 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: rented fingers
The Following User Says Thank You to HHOTDI For This Useful Post:
aerohead (03-25-2017)