View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 04:24 PM   #22 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHOTDI View Post
Thanks X, i had a similar concern and the guy stood right in the middle at the rear of the vehicle and i could easily see him in both side mirrors! There was a guy in line, a few folks after me who had a concern about being able to fit in it. He asked my size and told me he was 6'3" and 360lbs! The Elio folks lowered the seat and reclined it a little and the big guy fit right in it! He laughed out loud and was visibly excited at it's comfort for a man his size! He signed up as soon as he exited the car and is on the list to be one of the first folks to get one! Hopefully they will make it through your area and you can see/fit in one for yourself. I certainly enjoyed it and was the sole purpose for making the nearly 7 hour trip one way to Portland! Seeing/fitting in the Elio made it all worth it though!

A lot of people have questions/thoughts and ideas about the little car, myself included. I just want them to get it to production, then we can worry about modifications, accessories, options, diesel etc in the years to come! My wife and i are signing up on line...we are "All in"...

https://www.eliomotors.com/my-strengths/

:{)
You are four inches taller than me, but about the same weight. I had read about who had fit inside, although everybody seems to have their own standards for comfort. I have had discussions with guys on here who were taller than me and said they loved driving tiny cars.

You know, I think the Elio might be the best candidate for replacing the mirrors with a camera. Are motorcycles required to have mirrors?

I had been wondering how easy it was to get in and out of the back seat. They skipped that part in a video that I watched, but someone on here said that it was fine.

I kind of do not want the original Insight because I could not put one of my nephews in the back, but of course, with the Elio, it might be weird to put a date behind me.

Logistics!

Going to their website, it almost looks like Washington is their last stop. Don't they need to return to Louisiana? It would not make sense to me to not go through California, Phoenix, and Texas.