View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 11:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Sean.Heihn
EcoModding Lurker

Land Shark - '11 Toyota Yaris 3dr Hatchback
Team Toyota
90 day: 36.68 mpg (US)
What transmission are you using? A C50 or C150? That's good to know that the 1NZ-FXEs are so cheap. I have a Yaris with a 1NZ-FE, and the FE has a high parts commonality with the FXE, so if I ever need engine parts. For performance, first thing I'd do would be to swap out the cams to those off of a FE, unless you want to keep the Atkinson cycle. Otherwise standard intake/header/exhaust, unless you plan to go forced induction. The stock header is particularly bad, I bet you noticed how the lead pipes pinch before the collector, very restrictive, the stock 1NZ-FE is well known to have low high end power because of it. Most after market headers are simply an enlarged stock design and only add to top end, but the Weapon R and DC Sports use different designs and add gains throughout the RPM range. What kind of crank pulley does the 1NZ-FXE have? The FE has a overly heavy, 3lbs, steel beast, swapping out a 3/4lbs aluminum pulley adds 1~2HP to the wheels. I'd suspect Toyota put a lightweight pulley on the FXE. Did it come with a flywheel? Again, the one on the FE is too heavy for the little engine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sean.Heihn For This Useful Post:
jeff88 (10-16-2013)