View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 09:47 AM   #15 (permalink)
mr220v
EcoModding Lurker

From the 1nzfe I used:

-clutch, flywheel, pressureplate
-alternator
-starter
-intake/throttlebody
-dipsticktube/dipstick

I also used a fuel rail from a paseo. This allowed me to run a return type fuel system and avoid buying a more expensive pressure regulator. It required a fair bit of modification to fit, but not too bad.

I also kept the prius crank pulley. It's only 3rib, and the alternator is 4, but hasn't given me problems yet. If you wanted to run AC, switching to the 1nzfe pulley would be a good idea. The prius has a tensioner on the motor mount that has to be moved to clear the alternator.

I'm using an original mr2 c50 with a scion XA Bellhousing. A c150 has problems in the mr2 mounting the selector shaft in the opposite direction. That and it would have left me making a driver's side mount as well.

The wiring harness is made from scratch, which is not an issue for me. I've done a tremendous amount of toyota swap wiring over the years.

That might be an idea for replacing a blown 1nzfe. 13:1 is really high compression. Kinda on the edge for 93 octane gas. You would switch over your old cams. A 1nzfe ecu can't operate atkins cycle.
The Following User Says Thank You to mr220v For This Useful Post:
jeff88 (10-16-2013)