View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 04:13 AM   #29 (permalink)
serialk11r
Master EcoModder

spyder2 - '00 Toyota MR2 Spyder
Okay it's been 9 months and I haven't really touched my car, but I just bought someone's intake camshaft to do a regrind on (Atkinson!), and I'm giving aero serious consideration again. Among the other planned mods are new muffler primarily for a more satisfying sound, and slight ride height reduction with taller rear tire to gear the car down a bit and give it some rake.

Last month I did go grab some stainless steel screws and finally made a permanent mount for my front license plate, that conveniently blocks 1/3 of the grill. I'll show you guys pictures after I figure out what to block off another 1/3 with, this car barely ever gets warm.

Last winter I took off the engine diaper (that the previous owner paid 500 dollars to replace -_-), and the cat has just been hanging out there. I think I'm just going to grab a piece of sheet aluminum for 30 bucks or what not and toss it under there. Still need to figure out what to do with the wheel fairings though, I think the conveyor belt material someone suggested is out of the question as there isn't really a place to put it. Maybe I'll extend the diffuser with some "U" channels, but I don't know how effective that'll be.

I also was checking out spoilers since I decided it wasn't a good use of time to make one from scratch, there is this nice Honda S2000 ABS spoiler for 60 bucks that I should be able to cut 2 inches off (too wide) and then sand a little to produce a nice little spoiler that almost hits the template that at the same time looks fantastic (it's got that nice curve to it). Gonna order it when I stop being lazy.

Long term I'd like to do a lot more to this car but those mods and maybe some chassis bracing should do nicely.

Last edited by serialk11r; 10-17-2013 at 04:26 AM..