View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #28 (permalink)
christofoo
Master EcoModder

00C - '00 Toyota Corolla
90 day: 43.54 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
CIVIC (Fourth-Seventh Generation), FIT (First & Second Generation), and INSIGHT (First Generation).

All info is for the US domestic market unless otherwise noted, such as "JDM" (Japanese Domestic Market). I will edit, correct, and expand this information when I can. If I made errors let me know. See sources note at end of post.
What a great collection of info! There needs to be a 10X-thanks for posts like this. Separately, I wish top gear ratio was commonly listed along with engine displacement.

In particular I've been wondering what I would need to do to get a taller gear in the 97. Funny, the car is badged as LX (and has the OEM A/C), but the drivetrain is EX: D16Y8 and 4.25 (3000 RPM @ 70 MPH). No wonder I felt like I was driving the shortest Civic gears available: I am (but not as short as the 89 Corolla). I can confirm P&G/EOC works wonders, and for a 5MPH spread I'd guess it's only a few dozen feet of dithering, so unlike some others I don't feel like it's a big deal in moderate traffic, love my killswitch, but there is still a lot to be said for taller gears.

So now I just need to figure out if the 92-95 VX/CX final drive can swap into my tranny, or else presumably I need to follow car-part.com for the whole tranny and plan a full swap. ... probably just going to wait until the original clutch eventually gives up though, get those things done together.

Last edited by christofoo; 11-02-2013 at 06:30 PM..