View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #90 (permalink)
justme1969
Master EcoModder

Radio R
I will tell ya Ive played with this alot and I seen where you final plan is for lowering rear and spoiler scouped front.
You should go with the whole car down first then work on belly pans and front spoiler not so much in that order.
I did find extra benefit from my rear being dramatically lower then front but you might not.
And if you go this route I can testify the side skirts will become a necessity at some point. My car drops 2.5+ inches at 70 mph.
I chose to retain this effect from wore out front struts only because my spoiler and skirts are 3" off the ground and 60% of my driving is free way at 65 -77 mph.
the car becomes more stable at higher speeds but it is a false reaction and any disruption in road smoothness will make the car dangerous to handle after 90 mph.
thus it does what I designed it to do well but that is all And I would never allow anyone else to drive it because of its characteristics.
Feel free to lower but realize all the effects it causes not just the obvious ones you planned.