View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 08:19 PM   #81 (permalink)
MetroMPG
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 60.16 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,957 Times in 3,602 Posts
Various People start talking about low riding cars, including...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
When I dropped my CRX 3" I felt like I was the lowest person in the world, loved it. Need to get my shocks in so I can drop back to 2.5 or so.
lowest car i've ever driven was a 944 turbo (not counting a formula 1600 racer - basically a go kart on steroids). and probably nowhere near as low as the cars just mentioned.

the last gen metros are higher than the forkeswift generation ones. i'm sure it's exactly for the reason mentioned: to make you feel safer by getting your line of sight above truck bumper level.

what i did this weekend:

above: replace all divots! forklift divots anyway. fixed the driveway where the baker sunk in while parked.

one fish, two fish, red swift, blue swift.

...uhm, metro.

you're looking at $250 worth of suzukiclones sitting on the freshly repaired driveway. 2.3 total liters and 7 cylinders of fury.

picked up the blue one today. its problems:

- worn out ball joint (you have to change the entire control arm ... as luck would have it, my "parts car" has 2 new control arms on it)
- 2 bald tires
- a seeping gas line
- one small hole in the floor (2 in. dia.)
- misc stuff like seized locks, broken window crank, missing radio, etc

the woman bought it for $300 three years ago, and sunk $1500 into it since then. it has a brand new gas tank, radiator, catalytic converter, recent tune up. too bad all those parts are coming out. ah well, maybe they'll sell on teamswift.net.

will be swapping over the 13 inch rims (blue has 12s), hatchback (rust and broken lock on the blue one), and misc other bits and pieces. i like the look of the swift's aero headlights, but i would need to change the hood and bumper if i want to use them. decided not to bother. someone already asked to buy them anyway.

Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget