View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 04:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
cfg83
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
s2man -

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2man View Post
SVOboy, I can see the pics of the new Honda, hosted by autoblog, but not your pics. Your site says the edrive-images-crxmpg-com directory is not found (insert crying smilie here).

The winter weather did a number on my cardboard grill block. So I finally got my permanent Coroplast block installed a couple of weeks ago, when we had some nice 50*F weather. Here's the before
http://www.themillers.us/images/cava...ckTempOld1.jpg
and after
http://www.themillers.us/images/cava...BlockFinal.jpg
shots. I was able to tape a large piece of paper on my bumper. and get the outline of the grill opening by rubbing with a crayon. The perimeter of the block was sealed with black silicone. It's attached using six black wire ties and four black license-plate bolts.

Daox, I used a utility knife to cut the Coroplast, and only ended up with one cut on my finger. But not from the knife, from pointy end of a compass I was using to scribe an offset around the edge of the Coroplast! Much better than a cut tendon.

deadman, my cardboard block had no affect on the engine temps when I installed it last summer. There is a huge opening underneath, between the bumper and the air dam. I added the molding at the front of the hood this winter, and was still running cold. I had to block my radiator with cardboard to get the engine back up to temp.

And no, I'm not going to block the bullet hole on the passenger side. That's a memento from the 'hood.
Grill block looks good!

How about clear packing tape, or a black plastic snap-in cover (they're in the specialty fastener section in most hardware stores)?

Hole Plugs: 3/16", 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 1/2 inch, 5mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society