View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 06:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltothewolf View Post
Omg wow. That really sucks. Did they make a manual for that year? If I got a car for that cheap I would tear the entire interior out of it, spare tire, get underneath and shave metal, haha. Anything I could do to save weight.
They made a manual. I rebuilt one (4 dr manual) about 20 years ago and got 40 MPG on a highway trip with my older brother and his son riding with me. Mostly 65 MPH on the Interstate.

I'm not going to gut it or make any radical changes and it already has great aero hub caps.

With my 3 wheeler project progressing to a finish point, probably in the next year, reducing my auto inventory capital outlay is a compelling point. I always liked that model of Sentra, light, great engine and this one does not have a speck of rust anywhere, rockers and lower fenders are coated with plastic like Mercedes.

2288 pounds empty weight. Not much more than a civic of the same age, but no timing belt or cltuch replacements. I'll go to the pick and pay and see if they have any of that model.

regards
Mech