View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 01:11 PM   #484 (permalink)
kYLEMtnCRUZr
EcoModding Lurker

OHRALLY - '99 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe
90 day: 34.06 mpg (US)

COROLLYPOLY - '02 Toyota Corolla LE
90 day: 46.97 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
Nobody tailgates me when I'm driving the Turtle!

I have driven the same roads daily for 18 years, so eventually everybody got used to seeing the Black Widow, and they would all go out of their way to be in the other lane when they saw it ahead of them.

Now, as soon as they see the Ecomodder.com decal on the back of Turtle, which is visible from a long way off, they are learning to do the same thing. Even on I-4 they're going around me from way back, even though I drive the speed limit on the highway.
^That is awesome and how it should be. Reminds me of the original post I bumped this thread with...All the "Autobahn passers" who pass you at the very last second. I feel like welding a metal rod to my bumper that sticks out a foot or two on the left rear corner! Pass like a jackass and your car will get the rod! But that would be dangerous and detrimental to aero :]

You must live in a cool part of the world. Here in CA, everyone thinks they are stunt driving for Hollywood, passing me at the last second, clipping my left rear while clipping innocent bystander#2's front right just to shave a few seconds off their commute.

They only remedy I can think of is seeing said stuntdriver speed up to me in the slow lane at 80 mph, and putting on my brakes just enough so the brake lights come on, and signal as if I am going where they are planning to go.

I really want a rear dashcam. Am I able to turn people in that do this? Obviously all efforts to turn someone in would only be for the extreme cases. Like the jackass BMW driver who must have hit 1G force with each turn of the wheel while passing me, and cutting off the other just to get ahead.