View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 11:45 PM   #207 (permalink)
Chrysler kid
5 pin sensor

Zippy - '96 Honda Civic Hx
Team Honda
90 day: 40.77 mpg (US)

Boring - '11 Ford Fusion Sel
90 day: 21.88 mpg (US)
I always figured the best spot for a kill switch would be on the center console right below the arm rest where those factory blank panels are (where the parking pole switch on European market civics are)

He was breaking the switch because of its movement on the shifter. I know it's not what you ment but a foot operated switch sounds intriguing too. Put a bicycle shoe on the gas pedal so you can lift up the pedal to engage a switch that kills the injectors

Also had a thought the other day, I wonder if you could use the window switch panel from a civic sedan and wire the two switches for the back window to function as an auxiliary switch. You have crank windows so technically you just need to cut the hole for the window crank on a power window panel for a coupe and you would have 4 switches on the door you could use for anything you wanted

On reducing drag the rear trunk area of the civic is deformed and massive compared to that tiny spare. Underbelly pan under the trunk combined with your aero spoiler would have a much greater effect on mileage.

My civic thread

Last edited by Chrysler kid; 10-04-2014 at 11:56 PM..