View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 06:46 PM   #222 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Update

Small update on my too slow work on these mods:

I adapted my DIY copper clips from the last version of my wheel skirts. Here they are with new screws in them after taping the copper. The idea is that the hoot part will be pulled into the frame by the screw, and the skirt itself will be flush against the outside of the body, making a kind of clamp for the skirts.

Here is the temporary skirt, cardboard, for testing the shape and fit final will be in plastic sheet probably). I changed the leading edge from the first cardboard version for simplicity's sake. The trailing edge was changed too, size reduced. But the trailing end still needs further modification, I think, because it is hard to make it flush with the rear bumper cover, and I am trying to avoid drilling holes I might regret.

The black tape was just to mark where the clips would go on the wheel well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	141123_001 - 1.jpg
Views:	931
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	16486   Click image for larger version

Name:	141123_002 - 1.jpg
Views:	1006
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	16487  
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.