View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 06:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
cowmeat
Master EcoModder

Princess Carriage - '20 Ford Explorer Limited

Silver - '22 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT w/tow pkg
Maverick Hybrids
90 day: 41.3 mpg (US)
The receipts for all of the work done to the car since it was new were in the glove box, so I spent half an hour reading through them before I even really looked at the car:

The paint is a custom color, and cost well over 4K. They took it apart to re-paint it, the only thing they didn't do is pull the engine and paint the doghouse. That's the only silver left anywhere on the car. The paint job is over five years old, but the people who owned it for the last five years garage kept it, since the paint is absolutely flawless.
The seats were over 700 bucks, they're thick cowhide with great padding and are in perfect shape.
The IMA battery was replaced by Honda under warranty right at 100,000 miles, along with new control modules. That was less than 12K miles ago! I'd say the last owners had the grid charger because they only drove it like 2K miles a year. Won't be a problem for me, lol!
The RE92's have less than 10K on them, and there's hardly any wear visible.
The sunroof is manual and is a kit-install, but it was really well done. I wasn't sure about it since I'm in Florida and it can heat up the car, but my wife is in love with it. It's dark tinted, but I think I'll get one of the roll-out shades to clip on it.
It has an upgraded Kenwood single din system with rear speakers that can pretty much blow the sunroof open.
The shaved doors in my opinion were kind of gimmicky, but that was before I hit the remote that first time. Badass mod there! They pop open a couple of inches when you hit the button, pretty cool stuff. Even my wife (who is hard to impress) thinks they're awesome.
The solar panel on the hood was my biggest WTF moment. They actually cut about a three inch diameter hole out underneath it for some reason, and then proceeded to just slap it on the hood with silicone caulk. I like the thought of the solar panel, but their execution was worse than the wheel skirts I put on the Festiva! I'll be finding a way to make that a little more presentable!
And then there's the green button . . . dunno yet on that one. There's power to it, cause when I click it on it lights up, but it's not a clutch, kill, or regen switch unless they unhooked it but left power to it. The guy said it was for some fog lights, and it looked like maybe there were some mounted on it at one point. I might re-mount some on it later, or I might make it a clutch switch. I can't stand not being able to manually control the IMA

On the way home up I-75 it held lean burn insanely well! It seems to kick down out of lean burn to clean the cats way fewer times than Turtle does, not sure why. The acceleration was smooth as silk, all the way from 150 mpg back down to 80 mpg, which you Insight guys know is the jerky area. No jerkiness whatsoever in this one!

All in all, I think I got a pretty sweet deal. The car has 100K miles less than Turtle, a newish IMA battery, nice OEM tires, brand new tune-up with OEM plugs, oil change, bunch of custom options, holds lean burn like a champ, a four hundred buck grid charger thrown in the deal, and is in overall excellent shape.

Can't wait to start modding it up!

And yeah, I'm sure we'll be lining the three of them up and getting some pics, lol!

Tim - I dropped you some money on Paypal.
I need an Ecomodder decal stat, and a purple star if you guys still do that!

Last edited by cowmeat; 02-22-2015 at 07:02 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to cowmeat For This Useful Post:
MetroMPG (02-24-2015)