View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 12:02 PM   #22 (permalink)
EVmetro
EcoModding Apprentice

A big part of the theme in this car is keeping it light, so I have been keeping extra or fancy features to a minimum. I deviated a little on the mirrors for this rig, and went with the larger folding style that was found on the GT versions of the Metro (Swift). I suspect that they are less aerodynamic than regular mirrors that come on the plain Metros, and they weigh a little more, but these ones fold. I have purchased numerous non folding mirrors after they break off, since they are so cheesy, so hopefully these GT mirrors will cure that. I kinda like how they look too. I did select manual only, no powered or manual lever. If you need to adjust the mirror, you roll the window down and adjust it with your hand...

Here are the GT mirrors painted to match, and I went ahead and did the handles too, for a little more style.

Here is how this stuff looks on the car:

I have a lot of electronics in the hatch, as well as 15 of the lithium batteries. I still want to be able to throw a case of soda or groceries back there, so here is an aluminum cover for the electronics. This will soon be carpeted, so I wanted to show this stage before that.

There are doors that open to allow access to the parts that I need to access. This one allows access to my configuration switches. All of the switches are on-off-on switches, so I can select between two options, or turn that option off altogether. There is one for my AC shorepower that allows me to switch between a signal from my Orion BMS or manual override, or disable. There is also a switch that does the same thing, but controls my charge enable signal. The DC DC converter switch switches between off, on with key, or always on. My wifi/Bluetooth switch allows those features to be turned on and off with the ignition key, off, or always on. There is also a motor controller switch that allows me to select between an signal from my Orion, off, or manual override.

This is my charger control panel.

This is just a storage compartment or toolbox

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EVmetro For This Useful Post:
bespurcell (01-12-2016), mikeyjd (03-19-2015)