View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 03:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
firehawk618
EcoModding Apprentice

97 Civic HX sedan VX trans - '98 Honda Civic LX + HX + VX
90 day: 41.9 mpg (US)
On this 18 mile trip I basically accelerated WOT upto posted speed limit then immediately dove into 5th gear. I must say the D16y5 is quite a torquey little guy at very low RPM's vs the y7 and y8.

I didn't try to get LB at all, just let it happen when it was ready. Once in LB I maintained it unless speeds were dropping such as climbing a hill then I would downshift a couple gears and WOT to a touch above the speed limit then back to 5th.

I did lots of EOC as there's a long downhill stretch BUT I also had to climb up this same hill on the same trip.

I will say my fuel injector cut button works great now that I have put the IAC on a different 12v source. No CEL and the LB timer does NOT reset as if you turned the key off and on to kill the engine.

I can tell right now that the MPGuino is going to pay off large for me. I really had no idea how to drive the HX + LB properly.

I have the MPH dialed in perfectly and used the spreadsheet to calculate the values for the injectors. I think it's close as when I was driving normal it was reporting around 38 MPG which is what I had been averaging.

I will fine tune the flow rates as I get a few tanks through it!

Personal best for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trip1.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	17274   Click image for larger version

Name:	trip.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	17275