View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 04:58 PM   #510 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
45-degree

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamZipPow View Post
Been doing more brainstorming on how to reduce or eliminate the sand ballast from the design. The current sand ballast setup is used to keep the rear wheel planted to the road when traversing over bumpy roads. The current geometry of the air shocks don't allow immediate engagement fer these smaller bumps.

I figure I might be able to change the angle of the air shocks so they would be closer to a 45 degree angle to git the maximum amount of energy transfer and the air shocks would engage quicker compared to the near vertical position they are in now. The key will be to allow fer clearance of the tailgate when the tailgate is in the lowered position and how much articulation range the new position will allow. It may have to be where the tailgate cannot be in the lowered position when traveling with Dark Aero when traveling in extreme approaches...not that I have ever done that with the current setup.
All I can think of,is to create a short pivoted link (which won't obstruct the end of the tailgate) which translates the bucking forces of the trailer to a double-armed pivot,which then translates the pivoting motion to the air-shock which is moved lower or under.Indycars and Formula -One cars do creative things with their suspension with components at odd geometries.
BamZipPow (04-24-2015)