View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 12:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
ciano22
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vskid3 View Post
What things are you referring to?
Pretty much everything in that picture that is not suspension, exhaust, or the gas tank. I have no idea what that stuff is for.

As for the horsepower comment, I have a V8 gas engine for horsepower. These electric motors put out over double the torque than horsepower. The BMW m3 from that video puts 850 lbft of torque to the actual wheels on a dyno, but only 342 hp. That is exactly what I want. Raw torque to launch my car because the front engine sucks at making it happen. Once the car is going, maybe around 70 or 80 mph, the front engine will continue producing torque and horsepower, while the electric motor will just be fading off.

The reason it is so hard to keep the front tires of lighting is because the car is not completely built for that, like, say, the new Honda civic type R. When my car launches, weight transfers off of the front tires and on to the back tires, leaving the front tires with less grip. Sticky tires would probably help a little, but even then, it wont be anything special.