View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 02:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
CigaR007
Master EcoModder

GreenTurtle (Retired) - '01 Toyota Echo Sedan
90 day: 44.85 mpg (US)

Zulu - '14 Honda CR-Z
90 day: 49.05 mpg (US)
Arrow Zulu's Build Thread (Honda CR-Z)

Hi fellow ecomodders !

I have had my CR-Z for almost a year now and it has been a blast so far and I think I have reached somewhat of a plateau in terms of efficiency. I mainly use neutral coasting (engine ON), DFCO and DWL as techniques to boost my mileage and seems to be working since my tank average is sitting at 45-48 MPG consistently.

I am currently working on an arduino-based active grille block. It is somewhat functional but it still requires a few tweaks, especially if I want it to survive through our harsh Winter months.

I am also working on redesigning the front fascia and bumper to clean up the aerodynamics. To do so, I have created foam blocks inserts (same approach as the ones on my Toyota Echo). This project is also far from being completed.

Last, but not least, I want to build some sort of Kammtail extension/cavity box at the rear of the CR-Z since I know the big efficiency gains are there. This is where I need input from you guys/gals. My objective here is to extend the kammtail by a fair amount, maybe 10-15 inches MAX, rear visibility being the key factor. I want this design to make use of the existing, albeit primitive, rear diffuser.

Let me know what you guys think ! I shall post updates on the progress of each mod.

Cheers.

The Following User Says Thank You to CigaR007 For This Useful Post:
razordave (08-04-2023)