View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 10:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Stubby79
Master EcoModder

Firefly EV - '98 Pontiac Firefly EV
90 day: 107.65 mpg (US)

Little Boy Blue - '05 Toyota Echo
90 day: 33.35 mpg (US)

BlueZ - '19 Nissan 370Z Sport
90 day: 17.19 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thingstodo View Post
So what voltage are you running? Since you already have the pack ..
I have 52 cells, 48 meant for the traction pack and 4 spares (meant in the meantime for the 12v accessories.) Since the controller will take it, I will presumably run them in a single string @ 153.6v, though I expect while I'm testing things out, I'll run 2px24s for half that. I bought them with the intention of being able to re-arrange them for higher voltage if I ever got my hands on a decent controller.

Quote:
What have you fused the controller at? Do you have a part number on the fuse? I messed that part up and am looking for examples
It's not currently fused, since it's not currently installed. I've got 2x 250a/250V DC breakers on the way from the same seller who sold me the controller. Hopefully I'll only need one @153v, with a light car and a small pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVmetro View Post
It is great to see another Metro conversion in the works. I have converted several Metros and really like this choice of chassis. It was the king of mpg when it was an ICE, and it will be the king of miles per kW as an EV.
Thanks. I wondered when you would chime in! Your build threads on GMF are helpful for planning things, and when that wasn't enough, your photobucket has some additional useful shots. I particularly like your use of all the available spaces in a Metro to hide things.

Just don't expect me to have your level of patience and attention to detail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
Have you never even considered to eliminate the vacuum booster?
Sure, when I was originally planning on having regen brakes, it seemed a moot point. I doubt I can do without one or the other, though.