View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 11:30 PM   #102 (permalink)
Andy_T
EcoModding Lurker

Duke - '13 KTM Duke 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
Let's see a fuel log. What was the price of that bike where you are and how much is the Honda CBR250R or CB300F if they sell them there?
Have been too lazy to keep a fuel log so far, but I normally fill up the 8 liter fuel tank after about 200 kilometers (which would be about 60 US mpg). I have also achieved something like 95 mpg (according to the onboard computer) when riding highway (at a sedentary pace,however)

Also, am not sure how illustrative it will be, as my typical commute includes about 50 % of lane-splitting among some lines of slow-moving or stationary cars where I go between 40 and 80 kpH (depending on traffic). The other 50 % have to make up for the fun I miss on that part, so I am typically not riding in the most economical mode. This is likely not conductive to achieving the best overall mpg.

The CBR 250R is now available, at roughly the same price as my bike. Don't know why I did not look at that one in detail when I bought my bike in 2013. I was looking at the then newly introduced CBR 500R, but that was quite a bit more expensive with the anti-lock brake option (standard on the KTM) at that time. As my bike was locally assembled in Malaysia, where I live, it was about 30 % cheaper than the CBR 500R which is imported completely built up (price in Germany for the two bikes was similar at that time)

Also, I was at that time more interested in a bike without fairing, as I did not know that nowadays there are some cool crash protectors available that will protect the fairing if you should have a crash at some point in time (those were not available in my earlier motorcycle riding days in the 90's)